August 27, 2012

Grand Re-Opening!

If stores that never closed can have a grand re-opening, then so can I. I still think in terms of blog posts, I just never get around to writing them - online or on a piece of paper or anywhere. My Mom is usually the only lucky recipient of information if I happen to remember something when we talk.

So let me reintroduce to you all my three lovely, feisty girls.
Lorelei. She lives to help and please others. Recently someone asked me how I managed three little ones. I replied that I can because I have Lorelei to help. She picks up a lot of slack! She has been loosing her teeth recently. Between the money that she gets from the tooth fairy and for the dollar that she earns each time she accumulates 10 points for helping out, she is well on her way to.... sole-handily supporting Dollar Tree.

Emma. The super star pre-schooler. This year she is at school with me. Her teacher's daughter was in my class last year. It might be an even trade. Emma is all kinds of contradictions. She is super loving, ruthlessly honest and ever thoughtless of others. She is in constant motion - unless she is crafting - but doesn't do well with organized sports. (Although that is probably due to having to adhere to someone else's rules.) Emma only plays by her own rules.

Sabrina. Dangerously cute. She is a mix of the other two. She is keyed into to what others are doing and thinking, but she likes to test the waters anyway - at least for a minute before breaking into a laugh and doing what she's supposed to. She talks, sings and dances. She's got Lorelei wrapped around one finger while keeping at least one eye on where Emma's at. She may be the smallest, but she doesn't get steamrolled quietly.

Andres says that Sabrina is my favorite, but it's not true. At any given minute of the day each has a pretty even shot at being my favorite for that moment. They awe me with their intelligence, creativity, ingenuity and manipulation. I wished for a lot of things with each of my babies (blue eyes!) but never once did I wish for calm or quiet children. Perhaps I should have been wishing for those things, but it honestly never occurred to me. I mean life is supposed to be LIVELY, right?

1 comment:

Tom.aka.santa@gmail.com said...

After 11 years maybe you need to have a re-re opening of your blogs and update about the kids who are no longer small children.