March 2, 2010

Farmer Lorelei

Yesterday afternoon Lorelei told me that she wants to be a farmer when she grows up. That was a new idea. Previously she has said that she wanted to be a Princess or a Teacher when she grows up. She I asked her what she would grow. "Plants." She was much more enthusiastic about caring for animals and specifically milking cows. I don't really know where the recent interest has come from. I told Lorelei that there are lots of farms in Iowa. "I'm not going to live in Iowa. It's cold there!" was her response. Florida and California both have lots of agriculture, too, I assured her. Oh she is staying in Florida she said. "Forever?" I asked. No, not forever. At some point she wants to move to Texas to be with her cousin Sofia. She could be a farmer/rancher there too.

The continuation of the conversation was that she would have three kids, a mix of boys and girls, because nobody needs more than three kids. Hmmmm... I explained that while we might only have three kids in our family that doesn't make it the magic number for every family. I was interested to hear her more recent thoughts on the matter because previously she was up to 4 girls and 3 boys.

No comments: