March 26, 2010
Swim Lessons
The girls started swim lessons two weeks ago. Each lesson is a full hour - super long! Emma is in a class for kids like 18 months - 3 years. She is clearly more comfortable in the water than most of her peers. Some of the kids don't like getting their heads wet and Emma is swimming laps from Andres to the edge of the pool and back again. I am obviously very proud of her fearlessness and impressed because she has already extended the distance that she is swimming. I bought a new swimsuit for Emma because none of the 2T were big enough for our girl. The 3Ts are generally big enough around, but she isn't quite as tall as a 3T assumes. So where are the 2 1/2 T clothes? It is both sad and comforting to know that the struggle to find clothes that fit begins early.
Lorelei's class is for 4 -5 year olds. There are kids who I don't think have ever been in a pool before the class started. It isn't supposed to be a parent participation class, but with so many anxious kids, there are lots of parents in the water with their kids. Thank goodness that isn't me! They have several teachers so the group gets split up. Lorelei has been in a group with 3-5 kids and a great teacher. I suspected that she might not learn anything in this class since she already knows how to swim, but she already is learning new things so I am super happy. Her hair gets a bit wild in the water so this week she is going to test out a swim cap.
The girls count down the days to Saturday and swim lessons. Andres counts down the days as well since he gets to be in the somewhat chilly water with Emma, but I don't think he counts down with the same level of enthusiasm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment